• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ajax anyone know anything

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ajax anyone know anything

morning all,

one of the .net components is going to support ajax

I am told it will improve performance server side by upto 30%

anyone know anything about it ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    morning all,

one of the .net components is going to support ajax

I am told it will improve performance server side by upto 30%

anyone know anything about it ?

Milan.
    As an Ajax developer of several years experience, I can tell you that it won't improve server side by anything much at all.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_(cleanser)

So they finally bought the auto tape changer then?

Comment

Yep. General Kala dispatched the war rocket Ajax to retrieve Flash Gordon’s body, thinking that Flash had died in the rocket attack. But Flash survived, giving us the immortal line ‘Gordon’s alive’.

Then Gordon saved the world.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

BigYinYang,

well .net said it would and the customer wants it

so that's good enough for us :-)

onwards an upwards

the big sell is that it will improve client side performance, what about that ?

Milan.

Comment

Ajax? Wasn't that what Colin Grigson thought Alan Metcalfe's Bad News alter-ego was and not Vim (Fuego)?

"OK then. it's my brother's PA and I say you all can't use it..."

Comment

Milan, if you want a sensible answer from people who know what they are talking about technically, rather than a bunch of chancers who are only in it for the money, try a professional technical forum.

If you want to know about Global Warming, immigrants, tax rises and the life of sock puppets, you are in the right place.

HTH

Comment

thanks Dim,

not too worried

we're gonna put it in anyway

another thing new and shiny for the cv

Milan.

Comment

Ajax couldn't beat Hector.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    As an Ajax developer of several years experience, I can tell you that it won't improve server side by anything much at all.
                    Well, presumably the Ajax calls to the server will just return a bit of JSON for the client JavaScript to deal with, thus avoiding all that .NET mumbo-jumbo completely - which has to be an improvement straight away.

Although they do say that a lot of people have JavaScript switched off, or use browsers that barely support it, especially AJAX. Something like 2 in 10 users I heard the other day, which seems absurdly high, but that's what they said. If you include mobile browsers, games console and TV based browsers and old browsers which people keep for years and years without updating.

Comment

Working...
                    X