• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name an Australian that has made an impact in the UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name an Australian that has made an impact in the UK ...

Following on from DA's thread:

...Note I don't mean a famous one. I don't count sports, showbiz etc. as useful. I'm thinking of entrepreneurs, scientists and the like.

Murdoch is the only one that springs to mind. And whether he is powerful rather than useful is an interesting point.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Following on from DA's thread:

...Note I don't mean a famous one. I don't count sports, showbiz etc. as useful. I'm thinking of entrepreneurs, scientists and the like.

Murdoch is the only one that springs to mind. And whether he is powerful rather than useful is an interesting point.
    Clive James, Rolf Harris, Germaine Greer, Barry Humphries are more than just celebs who have contributed hugely to this country (with the possible exception of Rolf)
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/Multi-mi...nd-failure.604

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Clive James, Rolf Harris, Germaine Greer, Barry Humphries are more than just celebs who have contributed hugely to this country (with the possible exception of Rolf)
        Contributed hugely? How?
        Some feminist writing bollux, a childish cartoonist, a not very succesful writer and a transvestite?
        I'm sorry but if none of those people had come here nothing much would have changed at all.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Rolf Harris and the stylophone played a huge part in the inability of many today to distinguish between A# and Bb and many similar atrocities. Hence paved the way for much of the noise that is the pop-charts.

So I'd say his contribution to modern culture far surpasses anyone mentioned so far.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Better but not in the Murdoch league
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Victor Chang. Although he probably wouldn't have got as far without that clever saffa making a breakthough first.

Google brought up William Bragg

Howard Florey

But have to say other than actors and sports folk not much else I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Contributed hugely? How?
                Some feminist writing bollux, a childish cartoonist, a not very succesful writer and a transvestite?
                I'm sorry but if none of those people had come here nothing much would have changed at all.
                I think you would make a good Australian
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Excellent one there.
                  But the exception that proves DA is talking bollux
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Rutherford, although he was from New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                    X