• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name a South African that has made an impact in the CUK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name a South African that has made an impact in the CUK ...

sasguru surely?

Nelson Mandela, he came to me in a dream once and said "CUK is the place to be", no really, that's true
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Former Leeds Utd legend Lucas Radebe, he used to play for South African team 'Kaizer Chiefs' which is where the popular beat combo 'Kaiser Chiefs' (who are Leeds Utd fans) got their name.

I thank you.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Nelson Mandela, he came to me in a dream once and said "CUK is the place to be", no really, that's true
        Hmm, I also had a dream about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Hmm, I also had a dream about him.
          Ideal... the world cup is only 3 months away.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Micheal Edwardes

I read his book about it many moons ago. The only thing I can recall now was his observation that Tony Benn was way too centralist (think nanny state).
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              sasguru surely?
              The news that I'm South African comes as a great shock to me. I have however no grounds for suspecting it may be true and quite a lot of evidence that indicates otherwise.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The news that I'm South African comes as a great shock to me. I have however no grounds for suspecting it may be true and quite a lot of evidence that indicates otherwise.
                Prove it.

Say "Diplomatic Immunity".

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  The news that I'm South African comes as a great shock to me.
                  Maybe you should read up on human evolution:

"The genus Homo had diverged from the Australopithecines by about 2.3 to 2.4 million years ago in Africa"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Comment

Zola Budd,

if she had kept her shoes on, SG would still be looking for an av

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X