• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook panic button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook panic button

As usual, the politicians (Alan Johnson in this case) are concentrating on a total irrelevance. The button he is braying for Facebook to add would presumably have made knack all difference in the case of the tragically murdered girl as she obvoiusly didn't suspect.

for those who don't have the hysteria that is the uk press forced down our throats, what?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      A few SN sites (bebo & myspace???) have a button to report predatory behaviour.

Johnson (the *****) wants this button on all facebook posts.

1) Wouldn't have worked in this particular case (girl killed by peado after a facebook grooming).
      2) There is already a "report this" button in facebook, just not the one Johnson is "promoting" (any conflict of interest there? It's not his mate who runs the other scheme is it?).
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        A few SN sites (bebo & myspace???) have a button to report predatory behaviour.

Johnson (the *****) wants this button on all facebook posts.

1) Wouldn't have worked in this particular case (girl killed by peado after a facebook grooming).
        2) There is already a "report this" button in facebook, just not the one Johnson is "promoting" (any conflict of interest there? It's not his mate who runs the other scheme is it?).
        I would want that. I'd press it every posting ...

Comment

I would like to see an online button that fired a boxing glove into the face of Johnston everytime it was pressed.

Then anytime he tried to blame someone else for his department's mistakes we would know what to do.

Comment

Can we have a similar button on CUK?

It must have the Family Fortunes aah ah sound effect though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

There would be some legal fallout from that. Certain posters would go so flouncy that they'd probably break their keyboards and want to sue CUK.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There is a report a post facility on vBulletin. Obviously not used here.

Ops it is, never seen it before

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  There is a report a post facility on vBulletin. Obviously not used here.
                  See that little triangle in the box to the left of this post?

It's available if you want it. Or you could flounce.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Here's one for you:

PedoPredoLink

Comment

Working...
                    X