• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eccentricity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eccentricity

Who was it who noted that the state of a country's civilisation could be gauged by the number of eccentrics it tolerated?
    Judging by that criterion, Germany's is a far superior culture to ours.

PS Note to EO, BB and DP: eccentricity is not to be confused with stupidity
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    eccentricity is not to be confused with stupidity
    Glad you cleared that up, idiot
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

cretin among cretins

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Apologies. I felt your innate cretinism warranted making the point crystal clear.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

For many centuries, German culture and philosophy led the way in Europe. It’s only a brief period of about 30 years in which this great civilization committed such crimes that its reputation was so tarnished.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            For many centuries, German culture and philosophy led the way in Europe. It’s only a brief period of about 30 years in which this great civilization committed such crimes that its reputation was so tarnished.
            The was no 'Germany' until 1871, unless u count the Deutcher Bund 1841 or the previous Heiliges Römisches Reich but I get ur point, German people not German State!

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach yer about the raising of wrist.....

Comment

My point in mentioning Germany is that I think Germans as a clulture are generally stiff, conventional and conformist.
              And for them to be more tolerant than us indicates a change for the worse in our society.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

go on, what have they done now ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You mean by....<drum roll> ...Hitler?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    My point in mentioning Germany is that I think Germans as a clulture are generally stiff, conventional and conformist.
                    And for them to be more tolerant than us indicates a change for the worse in our society.
                    Show us a link with your hockey graph measurement of German eccentricity tolerance juxtaposed against ours to prove this assertion.

Comment

Working...
                    X