• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paypal Register article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Register article

here
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

"PayPal is a ******** liar, a cheat and a thug,"

Have to say I agree. In 2008 had major trouble with them taking money out of my bank account to "refund" someone who should have never been given the money. Because I didn't respond to the allegation within 5 days (i was in australia on hols) they took the money out of my bank account. When I finally reopend the dispute, the other person had closed their account and dissapeared. I was left out of pocket and they wouldn't respond to anything with replies other that "it's our pollicy" etc.

Comment

I would never use them to sell anything. I just don't trust them that much.

I just about trust them to take the correct amount off my credit card when I buy something but that's about it.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Closed my account some time ago - and that was only used for purchases. I don't trust them and they are extremely difficult to get hold of if anything goes wrong.

Comment

If you very carefully go through their procedures you can set it up so that the account is only authorised to a bank card and not a credit card, that way they need your permission explicit for any withdrawals, would not trust them with it set up any other way.

Comment

Working...
          X