• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you reading?

We know Sasguru is reading Spivak, but what are you all reading for entertainment?

Lately:

- Lord of the Flies (W. Golding) : not half as good as I remembered it.

- Gorillas Were My Neighbours (Fred G. Merfield) - old African big game hunter yarns from the 1920s

- The Spear of Destiny (Trevor Ravenscroft) - Nazis and the occult - absolute bloody nonsense from start to finish.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Rabbit, Run - John Updike
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Rasskazy - A.I Sozhenitsyn, in English tho - Russian is too hard...

Comment

Am reading "True history of the Kelly Gang" for entertainment.

Am also reading various books on the Sicilian Defence as am determined to beat my iphone app with it.

Comment

Illiad
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Ranulph Feinnes - Mad, bad and dangerous to know.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Cuk

Comment

The Lies of Locke Lamora (again, love it!)
                "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                  Cuk
                  Not really literature though, is it?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

drood by dan simmons. about 2 pages left to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X