• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-opening the Wilmslow "Is he real" debate:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-opening the Wilmslow "Is he real" debate:

OK I know several of you met someone who claimed to be Wilmslow at the last CUK drinkies...... but it is shirley not possible that this character actually exists in the real world.....

I think Admin or one of our resident PuppetMasters paid someone to turn up and claim to be Wilmslow......

Please... Please..... Please can someone provide some evidence - and put me out of my misery.......

He is the least realistic character I have never met!!

Here's the point at which he arrived at the pub, if you want to review the saga

Comment

Drew, he is real - honestly - if I'd not seen him for myself, I'd probably think like you that it was a wind up.

He's actually a nice guy although, he does seem to get himself into some scrapes!

We should be nicer to him.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Drew, he is real

Comment

I'm convinced by the evidence
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I don't dispute that someone turned up at a pub claiming to be Wilmslow....
            I don't dispute that that person had (at the very least) done some research on Wilmslow and made a credible case/impression that he might be Wilmslow....
            I don't even dispute that the chap who turned up might actually be the person that posts on CUK as Wilmslow.....
            But I am sure the character portrayed as Wilmslow isn't real.....

The "nice chap" who turned up at the pub is really a genius who developed the Wilmslow character for a laugh and has since developed an entire universe around him - a bit like Tolkien thought up an entire history of middle-earth and even devised an Elvish language just to give himself a "back cloth" for a simple adventure story about a furry toed Hobbit......

Wilmslow aka "Somebody else who isn't Wilmslow" - I take my hat off to you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                I don't dispute that someone turned up at a pub claiming to be Wilmslow....
                I don't dispute that that person had (at the very least) done some research on Wilmslow and made a credible case/impression that he might be Wilmslow....
                I don't even dispute that the chap who turned up might actually be the person that posts on CUK as Wilmslow.....
                But I am sure the character portrayed as Wilmslow isn't real.....

The "nice chap" who turned up at the pub is really a genius who developed the Wilmslow character for a laugh and has since developed an entire universe around him - a bit like Tolkien thought up an entire history of middle-earth and even devised an Elvish language just to give himself a "back cloth" for a simple adventure story about a furry toed Hobbit......

Have you heard of Occam's Razor?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Touche - but I thought my explanation was simple!

Comment

Working...
                    X