• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saudi Humour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Humour

You've gotta hand it to these Guys!

Popped out this morning to a little street market - to get some fruit and nibbles.....
    Nice looking "Olive & Pickles" Stall...
    Point out some mixed olives (with lemons and chillis mixed in)... 8Riyals a Kilo... gotta be worth a punt.... (Thats about £1.50)

Drewster: Could I have some of those please
    Friendly Stall Holder: You like Hot... they little hot..... try try...
    (Pops olive into small plate and offers to me)
    D: (Pops olive in mouth... chews... Mmmmm nice chilli bite) Mmmmm Yes nice... I'll have some...
    FSH: (Pots up about a quids worth and offers taster of "Other Thing") You like hot... try... try.... hot!... hot!
    D: (Slightly wary - pop "thing" and chews... not as hot as Olive) Errrr. No Thanks...
    FSH: (Offers taster of "Other Thing") You try... try.... hot!... hot!
    D: (Not as hot as Olive) Errrr. No Thanks...
    (Try a couple of others - quite nice but not special)
    FSH: (Offers taster of "Other Thing") You try... try.... hot!... hot!
    D: (Aaaaaaaarggggggghhhhhhhhh!!! I think someone has just opened the gateway to hell in my mouth) <Splutter><Cough><Gasp>

Glance up through streaming tears to see FSH and his mates pishing themselves laughing, slaps on each others backs, hand shakes 'Kin Barstewards!!!!!!

FSH: Thank you! Thank you <fit of laughter> Here my friend you keep Olives as gift <fits of laughter> Thank you! Thank you!
    D: (Through gritted teeth) Ma Salaam! (Something along the lines of "I go in peace"/"I leave you with good wishes")
    FSH and his Mates through gaffaws and rib-splitting Ma Salaam!

Drewster staggers of to Starbucks for a Grande Frappocino with extra ice!!!

Yep, you have to be careful in Saudi

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

See what I say, they're nice guys. In the UK the stall holder would still have charged you...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Haw haw... damn foreigners... always good for a laugh
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They don't laugh much in chop-chop square though do they?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Yep, you have to be careful in Saudi

I assume you have a mate who managed to do himself a mischief in Saudi?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I assume you have a mate who managed to do himself a mischief in Saudi?

he was out one night looking for, er, female company. The taxi driver wasnt very experienced and didnt ubderstand what he was on about, till he said the magic word, hooker.
              'Ahh si, si , comprendhe'

The next morning he woke up in a squat, next to some sort of hubbly bubbly apparatus and all of the nerve endings in his lips and tongue had burned out

honest

you just have to be careful over there, thats all I am saying

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

ever the optimist.

oh go on say just a little more.

Comment

he was out one night looking for, er, female company. The taxi driver wasnt very experienced and didnt ubderstand what he was on about, till he said the magic word, hooker.
                  'Ahh si, si , comprendhe'

The next morning he woke up in a squat, next to some sort of hubbly bubbly apparatus and all of the nerve endings in his lips and tongue had burned out

honest

Where did you say again? Your mate found the only Spanish speaking taxi driver in the Kingdom!!

PS - Hookah very good!!

Comment

Working...
                  X