• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill Gates almost destitute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Gates almost destitute

Mexican telecom giant Carlos Slim has topped Forbes magazine's billionaire's list - the first time since 1994 that an American has not led the rankings.

Mr Slim's fortune rose by $18.5bn (£12.4bn) last year to $53.5bn.

That beat Microsoft founder Bill Gates ($53bn) into second place, with US investor Warren Buffett ($43bn) third.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8560731.stm

Time to get out of software and into phones?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

AtW will be on that list soon.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Interesting that during a so called global downturn/recession the number of billionaires rose from 793 to 1,011 this year.

Comment

Where did DimPrawn and sasguru place?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Where did DimPrawn and sasguru place?
          This time next year I'll be 1/1000th of a billionaire, Rodders.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            This time next year I'll be 1/1000th of a billionaire, Rodders.

biwllionaire - Shirley

Comment

I think I have just short of £100 in my bank account. Whoo whee.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Time to get out of software and into phones?
                Thats just the 'legal' money (although that is debateable) list, if you really want to be rich you should get into being the leader of a drug cartel.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                  AtW will be on that list soon.
                  It might take few years

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Interesting that during a so called global downturn/recession the number of billionaires rose from 793 to 1,011 this year.

That is what a downturn/recession is: the part of the economic cycle which is characterised by profit taking by the rich.

That's why the New Lie 'No more boom and bust' slogan was so amusing: the only way to prevent the economic cycle is to prevent anyone being rich.

Didn't anyone here, apart from AtW and myself, do any economics at school?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X