• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Considering a car lease....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a car lease....

I am likely to be here for the next 3 years or so, so looking at my travel options, which is driving, as no other option to get here.

High mileage - around 40K per year.

Got my focus 2 years ago now, like it a lot, comfortable, but, about to need to spend £700 on tyres, service etc.

Can sell to webuyanycar for £6500, and lease a diesel Astra for around £200 per month for the next 3 years, unlimited miles. Used car with 15K's on.

Debating what to do:

1. Keep Focus until it dies, and when it does die, consider leasing then
    2. Sell, bank the money and lease for the cheap as chips deal, if I can hack an Astra. Option to buy at end of the lease meaning will probably pick up the 200K miles car for nothing.

Easy option is to keep my Focus, but a lot of depreciation will be had there.....

God you're good
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

"Can sell to webuyanycar for £6500"

Then your car is worth about 8500 to 10000 so why give it away?

Ps is a focus worth 10,000? I'm guessing it's a sporty model or something. Or this is all made up.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        God you're good
        WHS.... 'kin good!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I am likely to be here for the next 3 years or so, so looking at my travel options, which is driving, as no other option to get here.

Got my focus 2 years ago now, like it a lot, comfortable, but, about to need to spend £700 on tyres, service etc.

Can sell to webuyanycar for £6500, and lease a diesel Astra for around £200 per month for the next 3 years, unlimited miles. Used car with 15K's on.

Debating what to do:

2. Sell, bank the money and lease for the cheap as chips deal, if I can hack an Astra. Option to buy at end of the lease meaning will probably pick up the 200K miles car for nothing.

Easy option is to keep my Focus, but a lot of depreciation will be had there.....
          You've already done most of the depreciation on the Focus by buying it new. Run it til it's dead.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            You've already done most of the depreciation on the Focus by buying it new. Run it til it's dead.
            Yep - just got rid of my last car with 189,000 miles on the clock

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Debating what to do:

What does the £200 a month actually cover? How much extra are you going to have to fork out over the three years - in two years time, are you going to find yourself in the same position but with an Astra rather than a Focus?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                What does the £200 a month actually cover? How much extra are you going to have to fork out over the three years - in two years time, are you going to find yourself in the same position but with an Astra rather than a Focus?
                Good point - Focus is the superior stead pof choice

Comment

I say make Wilmslow GodLike right now!

Comment

Wilmslow's custom title should be

<<< canned laughter >>>

Come on admins!

Comment

Working...
                    X