• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservative Technology Manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative Technology Manifesto

Sminki

It's keeps going on about 'creating new jobs'. No mention of IR35, BN66, or Bob Shawadiwadi.

Silly frackers are trying to be cool and use Twitter with #techmanifesto - It's going nowhere.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

You say it's going nowhere, but the fact is many English people are pretty gullible, and many not really smart enough to realise that the way in which newspapers and media are written and presented can lead them to falsely wish a certain party into power.

If people woke up, we could stop the ridiculous knocking back from Labour to Conservative to Labour every 4/8/12 years.

I'm not a Lib Dem fan, but it seems to me that the only reason they get 'knocked' for being unworthy of parliament is based on the fact for decades they have had that badge; they certainly don't seen any more or less worthy to me of gaining power, and I sure as hell would prefer them to conservatives!

As a Scot, my vote will be for Lib Dem, in the hope they get in for 4 years, giving Labour a chance to sort themselves out and totally reform. If they don't, I'd rather not have Labour in power, and definitely never conservatives until the pro-business anti-poor man ethos disappears.

I was only very young when the Conservaties, Major, was in power, but the whole ethos of the party stinks, and if people are dumb enough to vote in that party purely based on "well, it's either labour or tories, innit? so has to be tories, as labour have messed up!" then I will expedite my emmigration plans.

Another reason the 2-party state annoys me is that it mirrors the way in which America operates - an entirely predictable outcome every X years. Places such as China get regularly bashed, but I'd rather they were they way they are now, than just a mirror of the USA. What's the point in democracy when in actuality it just means the suggestion of 'freedom' to complain about a government, when an obvious predictable pattern of power is visible over so many decades?

Comment

We will create a level playing field for open
      source IT in government procurement and
      open up government IT contracts to SMEs by
      breaking up large IT projects into smaller
      components.
      Sounds good

We will also create a small IT development
      team in government – a ‘government
      skunkworks’ – that can develop low cost IT
      applications in-house and advise on the
      procurement of large projects.
      Sounds like shouts of "yeehah" waiting to happen.

We will throw open the doors of Parliament by
      introducing a technology enabled Public
      Reading Stage that will involve the public in
      the legislative process, and harness the
      wisdom of crowds to improve bills and spot
      potential problems before legislation is
      implemented.
      Sounds like mob rule.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by larson View Post
        but the whole ethos of the party stinks,
        So you don't believe in personal responsibility then?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          So you don't believe in personal responsibility then?
          He's a Scot no doubt.

Where's me handouts?

Generations of neds expecting the state to support them.

Comment

George seems to think technology is super fast broadband, or he seems to think we think technology is super fast broadband.

Anyway...

We will build a smart energy grid that enables
            a huge increase in the use of renewable
            energy technologies, and we will invest in the
            next generation of wind, marine and carbon
            capture technologies.
            There was a start up wanting to speak to me about that last week, must be the new 'thing' that people are wanting to chuck money at. I'm going to form treehugtec today and apply for a grants.

Comment

What we need is a monorail.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

We will also create a small IT development team in government – a ‘government skunkworks’
                  It that what CMD meant when he called for a cut in quangos - that they would create more of them?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    I think North Haverbrook has a good one.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X