• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overnight parking in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight parking in London

Planning a weekend in London at the back end of May for the Chelsea flower show, theater and a bit of gallery viewing.

Even booking this far ahead train tickets for the two of us are over £100 return. If I can find some secure overnight parking for less than £50 I can do it cheaper by driving down and using the car gives a bit more flexability about travelling times. I've already booked the hotel and they have no parking facilities of their own.

So, can anyone recommend any halfway decent, secure overnight parking in or around central london, preferably outside the congestion zone for less than £50?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Got to love that there London.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Planning a weekend in London at the back end of May for the Chelsea flower show, theater and a bit of gallery viewing.

Even booking this far ahead train tickets for the two of us are over £100 return. If I can find some secure overnight parking for less than £50 I can do it cheaper by driving down and using the car gives a bit more flexability about travelling times. I've already booked the hotel and they have no parking facilities of their own.

So, can anyone recommend any halfway decent, secure overnight parking in or around central london, preferably outside the congestion zone for less than £50?
      If you're going at the weekend you don't have to pay the congestion charge anyway.

Where's your hotel?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good wine bar in Tehran?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

People who expect not only to drive a car into London, but expect to be able to park it securely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Can anyone recommend a good wine bar in Tehran?
            Nope, Beirut is the closest I can get for a good wine bar.

As to the OP - unless you've got a brand new aston, you'll probably be alright sticking it in an NCP.

http://www.ncp.co.uk/multimapForm.aspx
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Isn't "in or around central london" and "outside congestion zone" a tricky spec?

But anyway - Park at Cockfosters Tube about £3 a day?? and Tube into "Town".....
              The carpark has (or did last time I was there) 24hr Uniformed Noddies wandering round with torches... if that counts as secure

Comment

The car park at St Pancras Station was reasonable for London & has CCTV & BTP there, but I think it is in the congestion zone
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

I'd happily pay double the cost of the car to avoid driving into London. In fact I promised myself back in 1995 never to drive any closer than Lewisham and even that's pushing it.

Comment

Google NCP. Or aim for one of those big 'P' symbols on your sat nav, if you have one.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X