• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giveaway budget on it's way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giveaway budget on it's way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8562973.stm

Chancellor Alistair Darling has warned people not to expect a "giveaway" when the government's Budget is announced later this month.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Free iPhones for all unemployed. Everyone on benefits gets a free 2 week holiday in Spain. All illegal immigrants get a free pair of Nike trainers.

Whilst you are enjoying all these things, stick a X here will you.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A free cactus for all over 75's.

Comment

Speaking to the BBC, Mr Darling said that the Budget would be "sensible" and "reflect the times in which we live".
        He reaffirmed his commitment to halve the country's budget deficit over a four-year period.
        But he said the government would continue to spend money...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Speaking to the BBC, Mr Darling said that the Budget would be "sensible" and "reflect the times in which we live".
          He reaffirmed his commitment to halve the country's budget deficit over a four-year period.
          But he said the government would continue to spend money...

...It doesn't have.

Comment

Fags and Booze will stay the same. That will keep 10% of the vote.

We Scots love Labour when they keep fags and booze the same

Comment

its

I was reading in one of the papers that Gordon's already lined up Ed Balls to take over as Chancellor if they win.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Halving the deficit is the easy part - half the deficit is caused by lower tax revenues and paying out more unemployment benefit. So, as long as there is a turnaround of the economy in four years, that's half gone naturally.

The hard part is cutting the rest of it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  its

I was reading in one of the papers that Gordon's already lined up Ed Balls to take over as Chancellor if they win.
                  Not too surprising, really - Balls is an arch-Brownite, and GB has been wanting rid of Darling for a while but can't sack his Chancellor at such a delicate stage.

Mrs Balls is already something at the Treasury, isn't she?

Edit - no, she isn't. She used to be, but is now Work and Pensions instead.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

The snot goblin is so delusional that he thinks that he will remain as PM if, and I think they have a good chance, they win the election. He will be out before they have finished counting the last of the votes.

In any case, whoever wins the election, the pant pisser will in mental hospital, of one sort or another, before the year is out.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X