• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No tax rises under Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No tax rises under Labour

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...er-Labour.html

Labour has pledged to impose no new tax rises despite being warned that increases are the only way to cut record public debt.

Yesterday, in a surprise intervention ahead of the Budget, Liam Byrne, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, ruled out further increases, including VAT, should Labour win the election.

There you go, you can all vote Labour now safe in the knowledge they have pledged not to raise any taxes for the next five years.

Deficit, what deficit?

Yay!

Comment

Why worry if you can print money and make everyone happy at the same time?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Read my lips: no new taxes.

Chortle
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Why not just vote Labour and get the crash over with.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Why not just vote Labour and get the crash over with.
            Personally it won't make any difference - Vince Cable is my MP...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Referendum on Europe under Labour. Yay! Oh sorry - that was last election.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Read my lips: no new taxes.

Chortle
                IIRC, George Bush wasn't talking out of his lips when he said that.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

So no tax rises and cuts to the deficit that means there will have to be cuts in spending. Hang on, hasn't the snot goblin promised continued spending increases?

The really worrying thing with all this is that far too many people fall for it.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Existing taxes won't rise, but new ones will be created - it's like that famous promise not to increase income tax...

Comment

Working...
                    X