• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dealing with Multiple Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Multiple Agents

Hi,

My CV is going forward for a particular job through an agent.

I have been contacted by a second agent also wishing to put my CV forward.

Is it to my advantage or disadvantage to do this?

(I have heard this is bad but have no idea why it would be)

Thanks

Two Teef

ps - Mr Moderator - do you think you could give me the freedom of the site soon! I'm getting bored of waiting for my posts to appear!

<admin note>Done!</admin note>

Originally posted by JimBobTwoTeeth View Post
    Hi,

My CV is going forward for a particular job through an agent.

I have been contacted by a second agent also wishing to put my CV forward.

Is it to my advantage or disadvantage to do this?

(I have heard this is bad but have no idea why it would be)

Thanks

Two Teef

ps - Mr Moderator - do you think you could give me the freedom of the site soon! I'm getting bored of waiting for my posts to appear!

<admin note>Done!</admin note>
    let them both send, the client should pick one agent to call you for interview.. ideally the this would be the first agent that sent your cv over.

the problem is if the client is stupid and doesnt realise you have been sent over by two agents they may starts discussing you with both of them..

Comment

Some clients will routinely bin duplicate CVs because they don't want the hassle of arguing with two agencies over who was really representing you.

BUT, are you sure that the first agency has actually put you forward for it? Try telling the second one that you might have been put forward, and if you haven't then you are happy for them to put your CV forward for the role.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The 2 agents and it gets binned line is generally a load of horse if you ask me.

Something agents say to stop you shopping around.

...waits for the 'happened to me once so it must be industry practice now' reply.

Comment

Working...
        X