• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do I buy a ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I buy a ....

Bucket and spade set this time of year?

Some friends are going to be over in the UK for Ostara to see their families and show off their new ( turns two over that weekend) daughter.

The requested birthday present from me is a bucket and spade set to replace one lost last week. I am very happy to do this, but isn't it a bit early in the year to find them in the shops?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Bucket and spade

Comment

Here?

Comment

^^ what's with the helpful response in general??!

Try here and here for something a bit more robust

SFW
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I can get you one from one of the stalls along the Corniche....

Basic Plastic with cartoony pictures 3Riyals
          Quality Plastic with recognisable cartoony pictures 4Riyals

Do you want a beach ball as well?
          18" Bog-standard 2Riyals
          "Big Boy" 4 Riyals

Tell you what - I'll get a selection and you keep what you want.......

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
            ELC - Excellent idea. The parents are into all their stuff.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
              ^^ what's with the helpful response in general??!

Try here and here for something a bit more robust

SFW
              Well, I would.

However, it's got to go into the luggage for a long-haul flight back to the Caribbean

Comment

I'm da man!

I was wrong, she is not two, but three years old and quite a lot because her birthday was months ago. This weekend's birthday was granny's. (good job I didn't get a card or wrap it)

Anyway, young lady though bucket and spades was brilliant. Four quid down Bethnal Green road buys a lot of pleasure sometimes.

I think the girls parents have a big problem with her though. She is very bright. I'm thinking special needs very bright. Her language abilities are very good. We were talking about the flight to the UK. She can point both ends of the journey out on the world map and when her aunty got a globe out she got that too.

However, she did struggle with me when I got on to Earth's position in the Terran system and Sol's location with in the Orion arm of the Milky Way galaxy. Women! She was more interested in using there new bucket as a hand bag.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  [She was more interested in using there new bucket as a hand bag.
                  You do realise you'll now have to buy her some matching shoes to go with the bucket and spade...
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    You do realise you'll now have to buy her some matching shoes to go with the bucket and spade...
                    This kid hates shoes !

She lives on a tropical island with a big garden near the sea.

The parents are glad that she is better that her elder sister; at that age she hated clothes!

Comment

Working...
                    X