• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Length of time in initial Application to Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of time in initial Application to Interview

Just had three agents get back to me this week on three different roles I applied for in January! I have been asked if I am still available and can I interview next week.

In the past, if you didnt here back for 7 days then they were dead. Never had a six week wait before?

Are others finding this as well?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I had something similar with the contract I am in. Feedback at the time was that they felt I was too young and inexperienced but I think the reality was it just took ages to get the budget/paperwork sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I had something similar with the contract I am in. Feedback at the time was that they felt I was too young and inexperienced but I think the reality was it just took ages to get the budget/paperwork sorted.
      I get the feeling(plus I was told) that a lot of roles that had been required had been put on hold and as the light of the recession ends, people are now able to progress.

Not sure if the whole market is becoming bouyant(articles on the front of CUK) suggest so, but perceivement is a big KPI.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Knowing your client and pimp, it probably just took them ages to stop messing around and decide that they really did need someone in there, that they had someone that fitted the bill, and that they might actually want to get off their arses and actually do something about it.

Not that I'm bitter about the way they treated me last year or anything
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Knowing your client and pimp, it probably just took them ages to stop messing around and decide that they really did need someone in there, that they had someone that fitted the bill, and that they might actually want to get off their arses and actually do something about it.

Not that I'm bitter about the way they treated me last year or anything
          Yep, that's about right

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Just had three agents get back to me this week on three different roles I applied for in January! I have been asked if I am still available and can I interview next week.

In the past, if you didnt here back for 7 days then they were dead. Never had a six week wait before?

Are others finding this as well?
            me too
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Yep, just when you think its dead, you get a phone call out of the blue.

I'm also noticing an increase in 2 interviews for the role instead of the usual one.

CVs are starting to go directly to HR instead of the line manager which completely defeats the process as HR haven't a clue.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I never even pay any attention until the pimp calls up with an interview request
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I applied to work at one place, and when they eventually got back to me, and asked if I'd like to interview, it was so many years later that the business was now called called contracting.

When I'd applied it was called freelancing,

And the government had changed...

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

When I apply for a gig, I print off the details and file them away. I have learned to keep them for 28 days. 2 weeks is definitely not enough, and only twice have I been contacted after the 28 days.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X