• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaming Consoles, PS3, XBOX? etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming Consoles, PS3, XBOX? etc

As I am finding myself with a little time back having gone back to contracting, and Im cutting down on the booze can anyone recommend the best gaming experience system.

I've got a lovely HP Touchsmart 600 in front of me, the kitchen and the lounge plus and an old PS2. But what is everyone using these days. What is the defacto gaming experience (plus game?)?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Depends what sort of games you enjoy.

Have a little search as we discussed it just before you got back.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Depends what sort of games you enjoy.

Have a little search as we discussed it just before you got back.
      Cool. What I'd give now for one of our 'linky' posters to provide a linky

Comment

If you like shooting people online get an Xbox 360.

If you like shooting people and want to watch bluray movies get a PS3.

If you want to control an Italian plumber with a wand get a Wii.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I've just bought my 1st games on the iphone (haven't played them since the 1G Doom).

My goodness they're fast, aren't they?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I've just bought my 1st games on the iphone (haven't played them since the 1G Doom).

My goodness they're fast, aren't they?
            Only have Scrabble and bubble wrap game on my Iphone.

I quiet like adventure games. Grim Fandango was the best ever. Anything like that on the market?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Only have Scrabble and bubble wrap game on my Iphone.

I quiet like adventure games. Grim Fandango was the best ever. Anything like that on the market?
              There's a Monkey Island redux on the 360, not sure about PS3? That sort of game is always better on a PC though.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X