• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conservative lead over Labour falls to two year low

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative lead over Labour falls to two year low

The Conservatives (38 per cent) are seven points ahead of Labour (31 per cent) in the ICM survey for The Sunday Telegraph, down from a lead of nine points last month. The Liberal Democrats are up one point to 21 per cent.

Repeated at the election, widely expected on 6 May, and with a uniform national swing, the Tories would be the largest party in the House of Commons but still 30 seats short of an overall majority.

The seven-point Conservative lead equals the narrowest advantage in any ICM poll for the last two years.

Mr Cameron is still trusted by voters more than Gordon Brown on three key issues - the economy, education and the NHS - but again his lead has narrowed.

The poll findings follow two jittery months in which the Tories have struggled to set the agenda and have been hit by a series of setbacks, including revelations this month over the “non dom” tax status of Lord Ashcroft, the deputy chairman of the party.

At its height, the Tory lead over Labour was 20 points.

The ICM poll shows Mr Cameron is more trusted than Mr Brown to deliver on the NHS (by two per cent), schools (by seven per cent) and the economy (by three per cent).

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/elec...-year-low.html

It would be pretty amazing if Brown pulls this off.

Comment

Beating this shambles of a government should be a shoo-in, so it takes some doing from Dave's lot to struggle to do that. Apart from the fact people hanging onto jobs (public OR private) are naturally going to fear the "jobs-cutting" image of the Tories, it can't help that for the top job of prospective Chancellor of the Exchequer they've appointed the guy whose only job previously was as a temp data inputer one summer. Loyalty to your school "chums" is all very well, but Cameron should have put someone with gravitas in this position - perhaps Hague or Clark. On a more general note, the Tories should be stressing how they hope to make the UK more competitive and show how we're going to earn our way in the world today. Merely stating you're going to cut spending and block new rail lines, isn't going to be enough to win the votes.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

"Conservative lead over Labour falls to two year low"

hmmm, I thought it only changed when there was some kind of election.

You are trolling AtW, did you hear me trolling, just looking for a response, trolling, everyone look at me because what AtW posted is upseting me and he is trolling, he might be a sockpuppet, yes a sockpuppet, a big trolling sockpuppet...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9HN7AwlX0

Replace Phony with Troll.....

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            It would be pretty amazing if Brown pulls this off.
            He will. NuLieBore were always going to, even if they had to fiddle the result.

I hope he does too. Then the correct people will be in charge when the merde impacts.

The Tories don't deserve to win; they don't have a fracking clue. They have done virtually nothing to oppose what nuLieBore have done, will proberbly continue with most of it, and have no ideas of their own.

It's time for some new ideas. That nice Harold Saxon sounds like a man you can trust.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Half of me does want labour to win for all the reasons hab has been saying.

The electorate is that stupid now it will only take the car crash that is coming to focus their minds.

Comment

Working...
              X