• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General rant thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General rant thread

To save creating multiple threads for various disparate rants.

I have two already:
    • Broke another pair of specs again today. These went the same way as all the others, I stepped on them. Araldite is at the ready, but I've noticed that it's a special slow drying type My calculators often suffer the same fate

• I recorded "Troy" last night, and thought my PVR was smart enough to record the split part after the News. Well, actually I didn't realise it was going to break for the news and I also thought the film was going to be carp and wasn't really expecting to watch it. So I was just getting into watching it today when the film ended just as it was getting good, with over an hour of presumably the best bit to go. Now I will never know how the trojan war turned out

They lost. hth

I watched it a while back witht same expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. The critics hated it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I need to work tonight
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I have to wait till Tuesday to find out about a gig
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You will have missed:
          "What's your name?"
          "Aeneas"
          "Do you fancy founding Rome?"
          "Might as well, now."
          "OK. Off you pop!"

or words to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            To save creating multiple threads for various disparate rants.

I have two already:
            • Broke another pair of specs again today. These went the same way as all the others, I stepped on them. Araldite is at the ready, but I've noticed that it's a special slow drying type My calculators often suffer the same fate

• I recorded "Troy" last night, and thought my PVR was smart enough to record the split part after the News. Well, actually I didn't realise it was going to break for the news and I also thought the film was going to be carp and wasn't really expecting to watch it. So I was just getting into watching it today when the film ended just as it was getting good, with over an hour of presumably the best bit to go. Now I will never know how the trojan war turned out
            You should buy titanium frames. They are not too expensive.

Now my rant.

Tesco has put prices up on loads of items but they have put yellow price display cards pretending they have reduced prices rather than increasing prices. The “higher price” is crossed out and the new “lower” but higher price displayed on bold. They get away with this saying the “higher” price was the price sold at the majority of stores however the stores include Tesco Express and Tesco petrol Stations in their calculation. How close is that sailing to consumer law?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              You should buy titanium frames. They are not too expensive.

Now my rant.

Tesco has put prices up on loads of items but they have put yellow price display cards pretending they have reduced prices rather than increasing prices. The “higher price” is crossed out and the new “lower” but higher price displayed on bold. They get away with this saying the “higher” price was the price sold at the majority of stores however the stores include Tesco Express and Tesco petrol Stations in their calculation. How close is that sailing to consumer law?
              You have to watch "special offers" and also larger packets are not always cheaper than smaller packets summing to the same weight. I did buy some cheap cheese from Summerfield recently though, which was displayed as half price. I checked the price on-line with other supermarkets and it really was half price, so I bought some more. I'm also using the Pound Shop more often, there's a monster one near me (supermarket size), and they do food stuff too. Same brand names and packaging, but £1.

Comment

My one year old son has started to squeel.. really really loud.. and then giggle about it. So bloody piercing.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  My one year old son has started to squeel.. really really loud.. and then giggle about it. So bloody piercing.
                  So are you going to tell us his CUK logon id or are you leaving us to guess?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    wait wait wait,

it sounds to me like you are posting drivel about minute details of your daily life.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X