• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dulcet tones of a 3 year old having a tantrum at bedtime!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dulcet tones of a 3 year old having a tantrum at bedtime!

Negotiator.

Choice A - Eat your tea, have a bath, get a story and go to bed

Choice B - Don't eat your tea therefore no bath, but you can have a story and then straight to bed.

Child

I don't want my tea, but I will have a bath and a story and go to bed!!!

Result = Meltdown.

I'm fairly certain it's easier to negotiate with a terrorist!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Aha. Meltdown = waking the 10 month old.

FFS!

Scarpers
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm sure your kid isn't going to starve to death though they may wake you in the middle of the night crying that they are hungry.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Choice A - Eat your tea, have a bath...

Choice B - Don't eat your tea therefore no bath...
        Why is there a connection between the child eating tea and the child having a bath?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What is this "negotiate".....

Shirley - You set the rules.... They follow the rules....

Comment

I've started to use the "I'm going to count to 3" routine on my 2 year old.

1... 2... 3... at which point she shouts "4" and laughs at me, you can't win.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

You can't reason with a 3 year old. They are not yet developed enough to understand choices and sacrifice.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I've started to use the "I'm going to count to 3" routine on my 2 year old.

1... 2... 3... at which point she shouts "4" and laughs at me, you can't win.

I am not looking forward to that stage.

I told Mrs tay about this post, she thought it was funny.. until we both realised we have this ahead of us.... suddenly not so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  You can't reason with a 3 year old. They are not yet developed enough to understand choices and sacrifice.

This forum is so full of 3 year olds...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This forum is so full of 3 year olds...
                    Surprisingly ATW you do have these brief moments of clarity dont ya!

Comment

Working...
                    X