• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is saddest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is saddest?

I'm in my local pub Reading the paper and posting crap on a contractor bulletin board using my iPhone . Opposite me is a table of eight people between 20 to 60 who I note meet every week at the same time of 930.

They are doing the times crossword one clue at a time. Meanwhile I am writi g this post on my phone.

Who is sadder?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Definately you. But dont worry, it could be worse.

Comment

You may as well have posted that question in your Victim Support thread!
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        I live next door to a pub if anyone is wondering how I got back so quick.
        They introduced mods into your local pub and kicked you out from there as well??!?!

Comment

The bunch of crossworders didnt like the cut of his jib, so whinged and complained to the landlord until they got him evicted for picking on them.

Those crossworders are a nasty devious lot.

Comment

It's maybe just a teenie weenie bit sad that you are in there at the same time on a Sunday each week to notice that they are there at the same time.
            Try going at different times to meet different people, and of course to change the Sunday night routine same time visit to the pub

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              The bunch of crossworders didnt like the cut of his jib, so whinged and complained to the landlord until they got him evicted for picking on them.

Those crossworders are a nasty devious lot.
              I didnt pick on them, I just looked in a slightly sarcastic manner and the next think I knew the landlord was checking my newspaper for swear words!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I didnt pick on them, I just looked in a slightly sarcastic manner and the next think I knew the landlord was checking my newspaper for swear words!
                ...readers of The Sun don't care who is running the country as long as she has big t!ts...

apols will go now

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  It's freaking Sunday night. It's 10 O Clock, the babies teething & crying, I'm up at 6am and I live next to a pub!!! I have a valid excuse to be in the pub as opposed to a bunch of namby, pamby, TPD style crossword fanatics!
                  Child neglect isn't an excuse!
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                    ...readers of The Sun don't care who is running the country as long as she has big <removed>...

apols will go now
                    Now come on. Trying to evade the filter has to get you spanked. Assuming this is a banned word... but if the N work is surely the T word should be?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X