• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

guys n gals... calm down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys n gals... calm down

Jeez, I go away for a bit of with gf chef for the weekend, check in now im back in lonerland of "working away" and find out all hell has broken loose..

seriously gals n guys, if you'd've ( ) read the OP more clearly and read in between the lines a bit it seems obvious to me that the powers that be aren't happy with the way the forum has lost it's edge a bit and become a bit more rowdy recently. Obviously they want it to be as loved as it always was but at the same time they need a bit of a shake up to ensure new blood aren't put off (as has been said numerous times IIRC over the past few months).

now before the high and mighty wade in with "well im voting in my feet" etc. etc. and throwing a hissy fit, I believe that the slightly stricter moderation isn't aimed at putting people off but more of a light warning to all those "elders" (using the term lightly given the amount of toys thrown out of pram threads/comments I've read over the last few weeks) to not let the forum descend into the wild west and more crucially appeal to those lurkers that may be put off what sometimes may feel like an online cage fight.

Yes, i agree there's always been disgreements and also every now and then a banning blood bath and even the occaisional witch hunt but banning those that post very reguarly en mass is just plain stupid and so a slightly tighter regime for a while involving infractions that if tested lead to a banning , which I guess will relax a bit once the general message is out is all I see happening.

So, like it, lump it, leave or suck it and see, either way you choose, how about play nice for a while, give the new mods a bit of teething space in how to handle things and fit in with their new roles and life will all be a lot more pleasant..

just my observation, retaliate or criticise all you like, there are no toys in my pram and i have a busy week ahead so sadly I wont be available to take the bait.

Evening all

Chef

p.s shocking spelling and grammar I know but it's late, I've just had a taxi/flight/train/walk home and the point isn't the grammar it's the content.. however, apologies to all pedants
    Last edited by chef; 14 March 2010, 22:59.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I think they're getting upset at not knowing what the new rules are, yet being banned or infarctioned according to those new rules.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
      I'm new to the board, and it does seem a little bit like the Wild West in here....
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I reported a post (as we were told to do).

And nothing happened.

This can only mean the post I reported was deemed acceptable? And therefore the language and name calling in that post is also acceptable?

Just need clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          I reported a post (as we were told to do).

And nothing happened.

This can only mean the post I reported was deemed acceptable? And therefore the language and name calling in that post is also acceptable?

Just need clarification.
          You just visited my site
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            You just visited my site
            Sure did. But as my mum used to tell me.. if you ahvent got anything nice to say....

Comment

Sure did. But as my mum used to tell me.. if you ahvent got anything nice to say....
              Hasn't stopped you before
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Hasn't stopped you before
                Ahh but I think commenting on the reality of your appearance is entirely different.

I dont think we should keep talking about it, I might hurt your feelings.

Comment

Ahh but I think commenting on the reality of your appearance is entirely different.

I dont think we should keep talking about it, I might hurt your feelings.
                  I'm there for all to see, ugly fat bastard as I am. But immensely talented and being fat and ugly doesn't seem to put off the opposite sex
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm there for all to see, ugly fat bastard as I am. But immensely talented and being fat and ugly doesn't seem to put off the opposite sex
                    You babe magnet you.....

Comment

Working...
                    X