• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The curse of the miracle healers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The curse of the miracle healers

Nasty.

Wednesday January 4, 2006

Pastors in Nigeria are causing huge problems by claiming to cure HIV sufferers, writes Rachel Lewis

Some HIV-positive churchgoers are suffering at the hands of their pastors who, in order to attract more worshippers - and consequently make more money at the offertory - claim they can cure their congregations of HIV.

These church leaders instruct worshippers to pray to receive their blessing. Believers are told they will be exhibiting a lack of faith if they continue with their antiretroviral drugs (ARVs) or if they take a HIV test to confirm the healing. This leads to disaster for many.

Read On: The curse of the miracle healers
    Still, who would have thought it, eh? Religion being used to prey on the stupid and gullible.
    I'm Spartacus.

Originally posted by Spartacus
    Nasty.

Still, who would have thought it, eh? Religion being used to prey on the stupid and gullible.
    Strange, I always thought religion was a tool with which to subjigate the masses. Blessed is just about anyone with a vested interest in the status quo!

Comment

They're not really thinking it through though are they? Their donors are all going to be popping their corks before long and their contribution is sure to dry up at that point.

I'm sure a "big hitter" intellectual heavyweight (Chico, for example) would have come up with a better scheme to part the gullible from their money.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
        I'm sure a "big hitter" intellectual heavyweight (Chico, for example) would have come up with a better scheme to part the gullible from their money.
        That's just what Jesus said Sir!

Anyway, feck it, I'm really off to bed, got a clean blanket in my basket and everything!

Comment

Working...
        X