• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance

Compare the meerkat:

Some quotes wanting £1600. Best price £450.

Phoned More Than directly (they weren't on the meerkat list), £380.

Moral of the story, these price comparison sites are bollox.

Simples.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Moral of the story, these price comparison sites are often bollox.
    FTFY.

Also try Aviva & Admiral (if you've got more than one car to insure).
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I received a rather hefty renewal quote from Kwik Fit this year, and with minimal shopping around cut that in half, with Direct Line. They said they couldn't beat their Internet quote, so the Internet may be a cheaper than a phone. Fully comp. was cheaper than TPFT.

Anyway, time for a non-witty tale. Direct Line wanted proof of no claims, so I phoned Kwik Fit for it, which they are obliged to provide I gather. But, surprise, surprise, the operator said the system was down and they couldn't do it. But she said she would write me a personal letter instead of the computer generated one. Yeah, yeah. Anyway in the meantime I discover the NCB was on their renewal quote afterall, which I hadn't noticed initially. But about a week or two later I got the handwritten letter from Kwik Fit, with the promised NCB details, so she hadn't been bulltuliping after all. The end.

Comment

have started to see a lot of companies put rather high renewal quotes -- I am thinking they are hoping people are to lazy to shop around -- but with the comparison websites that is just naive..

on another note my ma n pa just booked a holiday -- when they got the invoice they did a quick check to make sure all was okay - found it was £150 too much -- they phones it and queried it and it was dismissed as an error and removed from the invoice - again the company was just trying it on...

should be a law against it.

Comment

Compare the meerkat:

Simples.
          Without price comparison sites you would not have first hand appreciation of how rip off different insurance companies are: it gives you range and price point to haggle about.

High renewal quotes are common practice - it might be getting worse because companies have to take hits on customer acquisition: ironically those price comparison sites may not benefit consumers in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Without price comparison sites you would not have first hand appreciation of how rip off different insurance companies are: it gives you range and price point to haggle about.
            Thankyou Aleksandr Orlov.

Comment

Thankyou Aleksandr Orlov.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://content.comparethemeerkat.com...GPAGE_VSN2.mp3

Comment

Compare the meerkat:

Simples.
                  Good luck dealing with Bob when you have a query with your policy or an accident.

Comment

Compare the meerkat:

Simples.
                    Head office has either an Aston parked outside or a Whirlybird on the field next door...make of it what you will!
                    B00med!

Comment

Working...
                    X