• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's permie whinge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's permie whinge

Permies have just been informed that their entry cards will gain them a 10% discount in the restaurant above Amsterdam central library. Now they’re all having a mass whinge because they prefer the pizza place on the first floor. Somebody’s obviously put some work into getting them a discount, now they’re complaining it’s the wrong one. Really, permies. It’s enough to make you say hmph!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Are you going to increase your rate by 10% to make up for the discount you are not getting?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Are you going to increase your rate by 10% to make up for the discount you are not getting?
      Oh, I’m allowed the discount too, but I have learnt the hard way not to eat in cheapo permie places.

Comment

I prefer the chinese on the 1st floor corner, near the red light area...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Is this restaurant posh compared to the pizza place? Maybe it's a kind of "let them eat cake" thing. If you give a peasant a 10% discount at Harrods they still can't afford anything, it's more like a kick in the teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            I prefer the chinese on the 1st floor corner, near the red light area...
            You mean Clostridium Palace?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              If you give a peasant a 10% discount at Harrods they still can't afford anything, it's more like a kick in the teeth.
              I'd rather get 10% discount to Harrods where I can't afford to buy anything than get kick in the teeth...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You mean Clostridium Palace?
                you've been then?

To be fair, by the time I used to get there, my body was well protected by the power of beer...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X