• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iPad battery failing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPad battery failing?

.. no problem, just buy another one.. another iPad that is !!!

link

Apple have no plans to replace iPad batteries, instead they will sell them at a discount and users will have to backup and copy across to the new iPad..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

How strange, The Register's reporting exactly the opposite
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Apple have no plans to replace iPad batteries, instead they will sell them at a discount and users will have to backup and copy across to the new iPad..
      If it's anything like an iphone, it will already be backed up if you plugged it into your itunes (it does it automatically).

When you plug in a new iphone, it asks you if it's a new one or you want to restore a backed up one.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Stick with blu-tack.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          How strange, The Register's reporting exactly the opposite
          not quite

The battery-replacement service sounds like a sop to prevent the inevitable complaints about the battery being non-replaceable. Apple will charge $99 for the service which sees sapped battery iPads replaced completely - but users will be responsible for backing up their data, cos Apple won't be syncing it to the new device. It's hard to imagine that more than a handful will take Apple up on the offer.
          from the same source

Comment

not quite

from the same source
            Oops, I really should read things properly
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

more details from Apple here

Will the data on my iPad be preserved?
              No. You will receive a replacement iPad that will not contain any of your personal data. Before you submit your iPad for service, it is important to sync your iPad with iTunes to back up your contacts, calendars, email account settings, bookmarks, apps, etc. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information when servicing your iPad.

How long will it take to receive my replacement iPad?
              If you arrange service by calling Apple Technical Support, you can expect service to be completed within approximately one week from the time you send your iPad to Apple.

How much does it cost?
              The service costs $99, plus $6.95 shipping.

Comment

Hasn't this issue been around since the first I-Pod.....

Ok I know an I-Pod is more disposable than an I-Pad but it is deliberate on Apples part.......

Comment

my point being that most laptops have a 1 year battery life guarantee, I set up a notification 11 months from purchase date to call them up and get it replaced for free (usually next day delivery from Dell) as experience tells me they don't usually last much longer than the year before starting to degrade in performance. This effectively is a free.

With the ipad there is no option for this you are forced into buying a new battery which comes in the form of a replacement ipad every year or so when the battery degrades.. what a ripoff

Comment

my point being that most laptops have a 1 year battery life guarantee, I set up a notification 11 months from purchase date to call them up and get it replaced for free (usually next day delivery from Dell) as experience tells me they don't usually last much longer than the year before starting to degrade in performance. This effectively is a free.

With the ipad there is no option for this you are forced into buying a new battery which comes in the form of a replacement ipad every year or so when the battery degrades.. what a ripoff
                    So you claimed that your battery was failing to hold its charge or similar?

Did they make you do any troubleshooting?

I like the idea of this. Nice thinking chefster.

Comment

Working...
                    X