• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Shares ISA + SIPP investment ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Shares ISA + SIPP investment ?

Sorry to break from all the threats and moans on here. Gearing up to make my ISA and SIPP investments. Anyone else doing the same ? Where are you thinking of putting it ?
    I am sorely tempted by the new Fidelity China fund but might offset with Invesco Perpetual High income.
    Anyone else got any suggestions ?

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Sorry to break from all the threats and moans on here. Gearing up to make my ISA and SIPP investments. Anyone else doing the same ? Where are you thinking of putting it ?
    I am sorely tempted by the new Fidelity China fund but might offset with Invesco Perpetual High income.
    Anyone else got any suggestions ?
    Luke I was just going to mention the new A.Bolton fund too. I am going to invest this year's (09/10) allowance into it and then maybe even 10/11's allowance. China is due somewhat of a fall but long term it'll come good and Bolton's certainly a proven fund manager.

What's the Invesco fund like?

Comment

If you like risking your capital, have a punt on the Falkland Island gas exploration companies - it's all or nothing but worth a go IMO.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Perpetual fund has been a very steady performer but might be too big to be able to react now, to make a difference to the overall fund they have to take a big position in a company. So it is Steady Eddie if a bit uninspiring. Planning to chuck the money in for a good few years (it's the only way) and can take a few risks so I do fancy that China fund. Couple of things - 1. People are saying China has overshot and might be investing approaching the top of a bubble. 2. China is expected to revalue the currency which will benefit any investment.
        I have got some other more stable stuff so I will be putting some in this but tempted to spread it into somewhere else too and I have a SIPP allowance to use up.

Comment

Mule - That is too much risk for me, I wouldn't invest directly in any so called oil/gold rush areas. I might however invest in a fund that had some exposure to companies in this area. It's all about spreading the risk a bit.

Comment

I understand that SIPPS pensions give you control over how you invest your money & you can invest in residential property if you so wish. So, once you have sufficient funds in your pension you can just go off and invest it in a property somewhere? Doesn't sound right to me; I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              I understand that SIPPS pensions give you control over how you invest your money & you can invest in residential property if you so wish. So, once you have sufficient funds in your pension you can just go off and invest it in a property somewhere? Doesn't sound right to me; I must be missing something.
              No, you can't put residential property into a SIPP.

The government changed it's mind at the last minute.

Remember, you might not be able to touch the money in a SIPP until you are 150 years old if the government have their way of raising the retirement age by 5 years every other year.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                No, you can't put residential property into a SIPP.

The government changed it's mind at the last minute.

Remember, you might not be able to touch the money in a SIPP until you are 150 years old if the government have their way of raising the retirement age by 5 years every other year.
                I guess this site is a little out of date then....

http://www.sippsguide.com/press_11.htm

For the first time you will be able to directly invest in residential property both at home and abroad. Property in Spain, especially popular areas like the Costa del Sol look set to reap the benefits of these changes. France could be another hotspot with property in Montpellier and the surrounding areas of the Languedoc featuring highly on a lot of peoples wish lists. Many UK Residents have always dreamed of buying an off plan property abroad and places like Spain and France provide an excellent choice within just a couple of hours of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  I guess this site is a little out of date then....

http://www.sippsguide.com/press_11.htm

For the first time you will be able to directly invest in residential property both at home and abroad. Property in Spain, especially popular areas like the Costa del Sol look set to reap the benefits of these changes. France could be another hotspot with property in Montpellier and the surrounding areas of the Languedoc featuring highly on a lot of peoples wish lists. Many UK Residents have always dreamed of buying an off plan property abroad and places like Spain and France provide an excellent choice within just a couple of hours of the UK.
                  Yes, 11th hour loss of bottle by Gov't. It never happened.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Forget Woodford (Invesco Perpetual), he's a busted flush. For an income fund, look seriously at Trojan Income. China? You're too late. Wait until the bubble bursts, as it surely will. I am.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X