• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I want to visit a Quality Center Demonstration?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I want to visit a Quality Center Demonstration?

Haven’t suffered insomnia lately, so no thanks.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I have just taken a Quality Center overview

Thought I saw somebody nodding off at the back......

Comment

I have to learn about Quality Centre - any hints and tips?
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
        If you already have the QC screen, go to:

Help / Documentation Library / HP Quality Center Tutorial (PDF)

Help / Documentation Library / HP Quality Center User’s guide

Otherwise, I can take a day out and run a training session if we come to an agreement

Comment

Just use it for logging test findings. Anything else will make life overcomplicated.

Comment

Yeah , it's another crappy expensive HP/Mercury tool that is very easy to pick up, nothing much to learn really. You should be up and running with it with just a 30 minute overview.
            Last edited by SuperZ; 16 March 2010, 15:02.

Comment

Thanks for you input guys - I'll see if Clientco has any documentation to start with.

From reading about it, not looking forward to using it, sounds a piece of ...
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It’s one of those thingummyjigs that supposedly does everything from inventarising requirements to logging findings to making the sun shine more often. Managers get conned into buying it after some salesman yaps at them about ‘synergies in the value chain’ and other such garbage. Personally I’ve seen freeware tools that are better and easier to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It’s one of those thingummyjigs that supposedly does everything from inventarising requirements to logging findings to making the sun shine more often. Managers get conned into buying it after some salesman yaps at them about ‘synergies in the value chain’ and other such garbage. Personally I’ve seen freeware tools that are better and easier to use.
                  ...and I've never seen anyone successfully use the requirements tab let alone gain any value by doing so. There seems to be confusion. Some orgs expect to use it to contain all requirements but I believe its purpose is to hold testing specific requirements rather than business requirements.

Same story for QTP also. During my testing days I used and liked Winrunner although the earlier versions were very buggy. COmpared to that, QTP 6.5 especially was rubbish. Can't remember all of my reasons now, but one thing they tried to make it more non-techy for non-techy testers/BA's etc to use but it just took away some of the flexibility that for example Winrunner offered
                  Last edited by SuperZ; 16 March 2010, 16:59.

Comment

I just used it for logging and pinging issues to people during system testing and UAT, no one ever bothered with it for scripting.

As for overviews, its not exactly rocket science to use it.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X