• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a great day at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great day at work

Just so y'all know.

Apologies to those currently benched, maybe you had a good day anyway.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Just so y'all know.

swine
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Just so y'all know.

Dull dull dull contract.

Plus just turned down(jeez ) a 100K perm job in France for a massive IT Company

If I'd taken it, I would have been so busy I wouldnt have been able to post on CUK again for another couple of years.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just so y'all know.
        Nice, mine was quite good too.. got to order £2m worth of hardware to play with

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Dull dull dull contract.

If I'd taken it, I would have been so busy I wouldnt have been able to post on CUK again for another couple of years.
          well then i am delighted you turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            well then i am delighted you turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
              Nice, mine was quite good too.. got to order £2m worth of hardware to play with
              ClientCo just FedEx'd a load of new music software and some cool hardware to play with as well.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Dull dull dull contract.

Surely no such thing as a dull contract, turn up and invoice, a contract is a contract. I did walk from a couple of contracts back in the good old days when you could walk into another gig next day (having knocked back two others).

Anybody been around long enough to remember agencies trying to persuade you to leave current ClientCo for another gig at more dosh? Maybe two or three calls like that per day.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

----------------------
                  Last edited by MarillionFan; 16 March 2010, 21:16.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

No thats a fair point. I knew I had this offer coming, but it's a toss up between something 'career' and all encompassing (ie perm and ridiculous hours like my last job) or a nice and simple 9-5 contract which pays near the same, and no baggage.

I fancy the career role, but need to be in a happier place to take it on. Just invoicing machine for now I think.

Planning to close the shop down when the lease comes up in 12 months, knock the retail on the head, and then taking the family to New Zealand for 6 weeks in April next year.
                    makes sense tbh

There is no such thing as a career in IT. Money is King.

Wow, got me there, I actually started talking sensibly to you

won't happen again

Comment

Working...
                    X