• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easter Weekend, birthday, London... what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Weekend, birthday, London... what to do?

What can you suggest for the easter weekend in London to celebrate a birthday. I am contemplating some food, live music, naturally with drinks. Ideas please... (no strip bars though) :-)

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    What can you suggest for the easter weekend in London to celebrate a birthday. I am contemplating some food, live music, naturally with drinks. Ideas please... (no strip bars though) :-)
    How about a West End show?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

pick up a tart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        pick up a tart.
        Perhaps he doesn't like cakes!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm working in London at the moment and, for the first time in many years, I'm really enjoying the old place again. I'm trying to walk around and explore a bit, and not spend all evening in the rub-a-dub.

So, anyway, here's a suggestion...

Start in Trafalgar Square, perhaps with a little culture at the National Gallery, or just to salute our great naval hero. Then make your way along to the west end of the gallery where you will find Whitcomb Street. This street goes all the way to Oxford Street, though it changes into Wardour Street after you cross Shaftesbury Avenue.

Anyway, I'm recommending the Whitcomb/Wardour Street option because it's almost straight, so you can't really get lost, and it passes by Leicester Square, through China Town, across Shaftesbury Avenue and through Soho to Oxford Street. It is riddled with pubs and bars, some excellent food places, curious shops, celebrity restaurants and historic buildings, and the 100 Club isn't far from the top end, though I've no idea if you'd get in there or not.

So, yeah, I reckon you'd find a spot along there somewhere to spend a pleasant afternoon and watch the world go by and generally entertain yourselves. And sing that Jam song.

Comment

thanks

i'll be donig something along those lines, then hopefully a nice meal followed topped off with cocktails/mojitos and perhaps even a little shuffle or samba

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Perhaps he doesn't like cakes!
              Then it's a good job it's a pastry
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

can do pastry but not pasty

Comment

Working...
                X