• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official end of the recession - no more QE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official end of the recession - no more QE

Quantative Easing will not increase vote the Monetary Policy Committee

so, now we can take stock, work out what everyone owes and start paying it back in tax for the next budget.. hurrah
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I was wondering why the Pound shot up.

Comment

As so inflation begins! Who thinks we'll see 17% like the good ole days of 1992?

Comment

i'll see your 17% predicition and lower it to 10% by the end of summer.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Now that I'd hedged into gold, USD and Sterling, I never know how to feel when one of them goes up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Now that I'd hedged into gold, USD and Sterling, I never know how to feel when one of them goes up or down.
            Make a spreadsheet that computes your net worth in all 3 units.

It won't help you know how to feel, but it will take your mind off it for a while.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It hit the dizzy heights of 20 odd% under The Sainted Margaret back in 1981/2/3 ish.
              Didn't Gordon remove housing costs from one of the inflation measures since then?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                I was wondering why the Pound shot up.
                Might have just as much to do with the latest opinion polls

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  It hit the dizzy heights of 20 odd% under The Sainted Margaret back in 1981/2/3 ish.
                  Yeah but I was 9. More concerned with seeing if my evil knievil stunt bike could jump the stairs in my back garden.

Comment

Working...
                  X