• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sommat you don't hear often...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sommat you don't hear often...

"Rag bone, Rag bone".

"Bring out your scrap iron or the horse gets it".

haven't seen any of those french guys selling onions either - my how the times have changed

Comment

I haven’t seen a Dutchman wearing clogs and selling cheese since, oooh, let me think, erm, last saturday.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        "Rag bone, Rag bone".

Makes a change from "Bring out yer dead!"
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Rag bone, Rag bone".

They're alive and well and busy in Leeds, Coventry and Essex.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

"Rag bone, Rag bone".

Come live in Hull.

Every week or so. Scrap metal has gone up in price so it became a good way to make money again. I got rid of my mother's broken dish washer.

I can see you consulting estate agents now.

Comment

In the North East too... stereotypes, what stereotypes
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've seen a rag and bone guy in Gosport Hampshire in the last few months so they're not just limited to the North.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I've seen a rag and bone guy in Gosport Hampshire in the last few months so they're not just limited to the North.
                  I don't think Essex or Coventry consider themselves in "the North".
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I don't think Essex or Coventry consider themselves in "the North".
                    Where does "the North" start? North of the river or north of Watford?

Comment

Working...
                    X