• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rules regarding SC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules regarding SC

What actions do I need to take if I finish/complete a contract whilst I still have valid SC clearance? Is there something specific I have to do or is it all taken care of by the ClientCo?

When I start a new contract with a seperate ClientCo that requires SC clearance, is there anythign then that I need to do?

TIA.

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    What actions do I need to take if I finish/complete a contract whilst I still have valid SC clearance? Is there something specific I have to do or is it all taken care of by the ClientCo?

When I start a new contract with a seperate ClientCo that requires SC clearance, is there anythign then that I need to do?

TIA.
    Not really, HR or the security controller at new client will sort it out(the transfer). One thing worth doing however is taking a note of the contact details for the security controller at the current client because sometimes they'll ask for this...any useful info that you can provide to new client co that might speed up the process is good.
    Depending on the new client co, you may need to complete BC forms again (including providing 1,3 or 5 years worth of referees again). You may also need to complete the SC forms again, just to get it transfered (and to confirm the validity of existing clearance).

Comment

Get the contact details of the security officer at your present site, you'll need to pass these on to get it transferred in the future.

You have 12 months to use it or lose it.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post

TIA.
        I find the best thing is to make an A4 sheet with names, details, dates and keep this safe. Addresses are quite important. Then it is much easier to fill in the required section on any future forms.

You want to note things like who actually holds your clearance, the address, name of the officer, dates they gave you for various purposes.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

When leaving a project, there isn't anything specific that you need to do. Some clients will give you a debrief to remind you that you are still bound by the Official Secrets Act, some (in my experience!) barely even notice that you have left.

You typically then have a year to find another SC cleared role. When starting the new role, they will ask you if you have had clearance before, and who had it (this may occur before interview or at the interview stage as well). The new client will then port your clearance over to the new role, if necessary - for example from MoD to the Home Office.

Your SC then runs until either (a) a year after you leave the new role; or (b) until the expiration date, whichever comes first.

When taking on a new role, some clients may require you to go through an SC renewal process anyway, or even apply for a different level of clearance. For example, a colleague of mine had to apply for a lower level of clearance (CTC) than he already had (SC) because the new project didn't really trust the old department to have done the checks properly!! Also, you may still need to apply for SC even if you are SC cleared because of some individual project requirements.

HTH.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

What I do in situations like this is post my question on an internet forum. I would much rather get my guidance off t'internet rather than speak to my local security controller, or clients security clearance office or even the relevant clearance agency, such as the DVA...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              What I do in situations like this is post my question on an internet forum. I would much rather get my guidance off t'internet rather than speak to my local security controller, or clients security clearance office or even the relevant clearance agency, such as the DVA...

This is much more fun!!

Why both these people until you really have to - better to get a steer from on here (avoiding mindless comments of course! ). No different to people asking for accounting/legal advise. Of course, when the time comes, I will get up to date and formal advise from the relevent security staff or DVA. HTH

Comment

Take all the details down then send Bolshie and email mentioning your clearance and ask him to send you the details of all th SC roles on jobswerve that he is not allowed to apply for
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X