• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good for Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Labour

Times today

Darling set to receive £5 billion Budget boost
    Increase in tax receipts and a massive revision of borrowing figures by ONS gives fillip to the Chancellor a week before Budget
    Ah good. Labour may well win the election.
    Step outside posh boy

Darling’s obviously had a few lessons in ‘saving the world’ from Wise Uncle Gordon.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Darling’s obviously had a few lessons in ‘saving the world’ from Wise Uncle Gordon.
      The bizarre thing about that is that everybody picked up on Brown's Freudian Slip when he started to say 'saved the world' but hadn't meant to say it; but actually he really did save the world.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

So about £80 each. Or a bit more if it's targeted at potential Labour voters.

I thought tax receipts had gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
          The bizarre thing about that is that everybody picked up on Brown's Freudian Slip when he started to say 'saved the world' but hadn't meant to say it; but actually he really did save the world.
          Having first buggered it up quite comprehensively, although Messrs Bush and BLiar could take some of the credit for that. Oooh, sorry, did I say ‘credit’? Must have been a Freudian slip.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            So about £80 each. Or a bit more if it's targeted at potential Labour voters.

I thought tax receipts had gone down.
            They were expected to go down, but didn't. Or, propaganda from the Tories said receipts would go down, but they have been exposed as liars.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Is that because he's only buying 200 Snatch Landy replacements instead of 400?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                They were expected to go down, but didn't. Or, propaganda from the Tories said receipts would go down, but they have been exposed as liars.
                I think you'll find being a liar isn't an exclusively Tory trait.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Having first buggered it up quite comprehensively, although Messrs Bush and BLiar could take some of the credit for that. Oooh, sorry, did I say ‘credit’? Must have been a Freudian slip.
                  Funny how different recessions have happened under different ruling parties, but every one has happened about 10 years after a weak and venal Tory government. It takes a little while for their assorted wrongdoings to work through the economy.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

I don’t care if the tories are a bunch of liars as long as they can balance the books.

Comment

Working...
                    X