• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Halifax

Spoke to an agent this morning about a role there that, on paper, I was a dead cert for - had all the skills, in the right region rate wise only to be told that I was not being selected for an interview. Is there some secret method of getting in at the Halifax? 20 quid stapled to your CV or something? So instead of doing a job 20 mins from home I'll continue to treck out to frigging Geneva each week.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I'm in the same boat; 14 years of financials, 10 with the Halifax (7 of which as a PM). CV gets submitted, but no interview forthcoming.

Not that I'm overly bothered; it's supposed to be a frickin madhouse at the moment!!!
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

I've been told the Halifax do the 'secretary problem' solution, i.e. they throw away the first 37% of CV submitted and then choose the next 3 that fit the criteria to interview.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Oops linkage didn't stick. 'secretary problem'.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          I've been told the Halifax do the 'secretary problem' solution, i.e. they throw away the first 37% of CV submitted and then choose the next 3 that fit the criteria to interview.

HTH

So they use a clever mathematical trick to select staff instead of getting to know them, just as they used a clever mathematical trick to assess credit risk instead of getting to know the customer? Brilliant!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            So they use a clever mathematical trick to select staff instead of getting to know them, just as they used a clever mathematical trick to assess credit risk instead of getting to know the customer? Brilliant!
            And because of it they miss out on a candidate who lives on their doorstep with all the skills. Brilliant.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Its probably HR - they haven't got a clue what they're recruiting for, not much consolation, but I doubt if its your CV.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Oops linkage didn't stick. 'secretary problem'.
                I'll make my wife read that next time she wants to drag me round town clothes shopping
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Spoke to an agent this morning about a role there that, on paper, I was a dead cert for - had all the skills, in the right region rate wise only to be told that I was not being selected for an interview. Is there some secret method of getting in at the Halifax? 20 quid stapled to your CV or something? So instead of doing a job 20 mins from home I'll continue to treck out to frigging Geneva each week.
                  Got an interview there early next week! Having financials experience helps I guess.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I got in there a few years ago. I'm sure it was because I'd kept in touch with the agent over the preceding couple of years. It's not what you know...

Comment

Working...
                    X