• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swear Filters & Replacements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swear Filters & Replacements

Having just noticed that a rather standard word has been replaced with the word 'Wally' on a thread, it now appears the full Swear Filters and Moderation are in place.

Brilliant!

I would just like to point out though, if anyone gets involved in a ridiculous flame war with some one in the near future it's going to have to be a little bit more sophisticated than the usual gumpf, otherwise it's going to sound like an episode of the Night Garden on CBeebies!

Just an observation.

HONK!

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Well, normally I don't find circumvention is necessary. For example stating someone is an onanist is generally sufficient.

I regret I have let standards slip recently.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

The swear filter helps the mods by being an automatic nightwatchman (regardless of the time on your wristwatch) so don't cry saltwater tears over it.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You used not to be able to say that you'd been to Scunthorpe, but you can now.

I guess a few tweaks are needed.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Can I still say merde and frack?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
            You used not to be able to say that you'd been to Scunthorpe, but you can now.
            Is that because they're up in the Championship League now?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

BTW, Scunthorpe got into the Championship League in 2006/7 when they beat Hcow'snaughtydangliesfield Town 2-0.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                BTW, Scunthorpe got into the Championship League in 2006/7 when they beat Hcow'snaughtydangliesfield Town 2-0.
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Well as long as there is no disconbangleflooching of the intended cardumblification then people will tend not to get brunklesnadwiched over the intricacies of verbal fistramification.

HTH
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I just love the fact that the worst obscenity in the English language is substituted by the word daffodil.

Comment

Working...
                    X