• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Iran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Iran

Got a good opportunity to do some consulting in Iran which would be a nice earner. I've worked in a number of dodgy places before (Slough, Newcastle, Wellingborough, Tel Aviv, Dresden, Sarf Lahndan, etc.) so I do have some experience of being unobtrusive but Iran is a bit different. Just checking up on information and doing prelimanary background checks before signing any paperwork. Anyone worked there before? Should I stay or should I go?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Got a good opportunity to do some consulting in Iran which would be a nice earner. I've worked in a number of dodgy places before (Slough, Newcastle, Wellingborough, Tel Aviv, Dresden, Sarf Lahndan, etc.) so I do have some experience of being unobtrusive but Iran is a bit different. Just checking up on information and doing prelimanary background checks before signing any paperwork. Anyone worked there before? Should I stay or should I go?
    Go for it, I will post some details later and PM you.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Wellingborough will have prepared you for anything.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I think with Iran you can be lucky or very unlucky.

I think there is an account that was picked up after a bomb went off, he was in the area and they needed someone to blame. Case closed.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Certainly be an interesting experience.

Good luck with it if you decide to go...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The girls are Hawt!
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

What you've got to ask yourself is this.

Do you look good in an orange jumpsuit?

Comment

Can you get beheading insurance?

Comment

Some friends of my wife went (only for a week) to lecture at a university in Tehran.

They had a great time.

I don't think they mentioned they were lesbians though.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The county is fine if you are a man.
                    Good points.
                    Excellent food, fruit, fantastic ice-cream.
                    Shops fully stocked with goods.
                    High standard of living.
                    Quite a few Brits there but lots of Germans and Japanese.
                    Lots to see and do and plenty of leisure facilities.
                    Skiing all the year round North of Tehran
                    Very friendly and trusting people.
                    Trains very good and cheap.

Bad Points.
                    Tehran traffic bad and the air gets polluted in summer. Best properties are outside the city near the mountains.
                    Loads of Afghan refugees escaping from the Taliban. “Some” Afghans are crooks and petty thieves so be careful of pickpockets and bad taxi drivers. Best Taxi service is the ones with women drivers, they are the best drivers. Male drives just show off.
                    Alcoholic drinks are not publicly available but there are many private parties.

Will PM you today
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X