• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vegetarians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarians

I stopped eating meat last year but still would never describe myself as a vegetarian. It seems to be a label that has a lot of baggage attached to it as far as I'm concerned. Not eating meat is probably about the only pc box I tick - funny how people assume that if you are a veggie you must also tick all the other boxes too. Anyhow, this was all confirmed to me a couple of nights back when I went to a vegetarian supper at the house of a friend of my girlfriend. God, what ghastly people some of them were - they just sat around half the evening picking holes in each other's vegetarian credentials "...Well, Cressida, I don't know how you can possibly say that when you're only a Lacto - Ovo". Food was bloody awful too - all wholemeal & lentils. Yuck. Anyone here vegetarian?

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I stopped eating meat last year but still would never describe myself as a vegetarian. It seems to be a label that has a lot of baggage attached to it as far as I'm concerned. Not eating meat is probably about the only pc box I tick - funny how people assume that if you are a veggie you must also tick all the other boxes too. Anyhow, this was all confirmed to me a couple of nights back when I went to a vegetarian supper at the house of a friend of my girlfriend. God, what ghastly people some of them were - they just sat around half the evening picking holes in each other's vegetarian credentials "...Well, Cressida, I don't know how you can possibly say that when you're only a Lacto - Ovo". Food was bloody awful too - all wholemeal & lentils. Yuck. Anyone here vegetarian?
    Do you own a 2cv ?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Vegetables are our cousins too.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Do you own a 2cv ?
        Yes and all my clothes are made from the finest fairtrade Peruvian hemp.

Comment

This seems to happen EVERY time you go out Wurzel.

Maybe you should just have a cup of tea and a nice bit o cake.

Or maybe change your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Maybe you should just have a pint and a steak.

ftfy
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm not but the wife is, even though she'll eat beefy gravy made with the meat juices and pork stuffing at Christmas.

If you're ever in Rome you have to go here for a veggie gourmet treat.

This is an excellent vegetarian cook book, I've promised to take the wife to the restaurant one day.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hitler was a veggie you know....

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
                  Hitler voz a weggie you know....
                  ftfy
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Maybe you should just have a cup of tea and a nice bit o cake.

I know. That's why I don't splurge loads of money on far flung exotic holidays because I know such folks would be there to ruin it for me! Benidorm's about the only safe bet for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X