• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I’ve got this Pheasant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got this Pheasant.

I’m asking this on an IT board since I know a few of you have some experience with “Game Birds” and are very proud of your culinary skills (HyperD?).

Mrs Planetit has been offered a pheasant from someone at work, and I’ve been given the challenge of turning it into something edible. Apart from being dead (I checked before accepting the challenge) it is pretty much in tact. What do I need to do in order to be able to eat it? I’m guessing, de-feather it, chop off its extremities, and some how make its insides not be inside it anymore.

Any help most appreciated, but don’t let this trivial task get in the way of pissing and moaning about the government.

Thanks.

Mrs Planetit

Is she now known as a pheasant plucker

Comment

I've heard that pheasant tastes like Quorn.

Comment

The easiest way for someone who can't be arsed plucking ( and it does take forever) is to lop off its head, feet, wings and then de-skin it feathers and the lot. To do this use a sharp knife and cut through the skin then pull the skin off cutting where it's joined. Pull out it's guts and chop it into four portions i.e two breasts and two legs. Then cassorole it in red wine and shallots. Google for a recipe. Drink with a robust Bordeaux, St Emillion (Grand Cru) being my fave with this bird.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I think the profesionals would suggest you hang the thing for a while.
          Well Hung

Comment

God, you lot are bloody pheasants....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              God, you lot are bloody pheasants....
              But she's a Game Bird!

Comment

Hang it upside down in the garage for a few days. Then come back and ask for clue number two.

Comment

we had a couple at Christmas I let my dad do it, but watched, remove all feathers, chop off head and feet, stick your hand up the backside and pull out the insides, keep the liver and kidneys, and the jobs a good un.

Be careful to remove the lead shot, not to good to eat that stuff.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Be careful to remove the lead shot, not to good to eat that stuff.

Milan.

Shot? I thought it was road kill!

Comment

Working...
                    X