• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

See Swansea High Street and die.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See Swansea High Street and die.

Or at least that's what appears to have happened to some unfortunate lady this afternoon.

As I wandered out of High St. station, I noticed the defibrillator machine was missing.

By the time I'd got to the Grand Hotel I realised why.

There was some unfortuate lady flat on her back being given kiss of life & heart massage by combination of paramedics & coppers.

The usual gawpers were gathered.

From my later enquiries, she may have passed on.

Wonder if she'd just bought a bag for life from the supermarket....?

Bummer if she had.

Comment

A few years ago in Glasgow a woman was walking her two dogs along the main road in Partick, inevitably one of the two dogs cocked a leg against a lampost.

The lampost had recently been repaired but was faulty and electrocuted the woman and both dogs. A mate of mine who was a cop was one of the first on the scene but despite his efforts and those of the ambulance crew the woman expired.

Getting details from nearby people who knew her it turned out the dogs were called Lucky and Sparky...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        A few years ago in Glasgow a woman was walking her two dogs along the main road in Partick, inevitably one of the two dogs cocked a leg against a lampost.

The lampost had recently been repaired but was faulty and electrocuted the woman and both dogs. A mate of mine who was a cop was one of the first on the scene but despite his efforts and those of the ambulance crew the woman expired.

Getting details from nearby people who knew her it turned out the dogs were called Lucky and Sparky...
        You have a lot of faith in the law if you believe that one....

650V, human piss, very good conductivity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fbuR5Cu_I

woman in shoes holding a dog lead and 240v (is it?) ....myth busted.
        Last edited by Olly; 20 March 2010, 19:42.

Comment

The good lady does not use doctor as a title on any identification as she says you get pestered on flights and stuff. With her name initial being high up the alphabet she will be picked out on the "look down the list and see if there is a doctor on board". Last time someone said "she does not look like a doctor", wrong wrong wrong move.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post

650V, human piss, very good conductivity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fbuR5Cu_I

I lived in Partick at the time and it is true.

Comment

Got it wrong, was a dodgy bit of scaffolding that killed them. Several links on t'interweb but trying to find a newspaper link.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Point of the story were the dog's names. Mildly amusing I suppose. Bet you're fun at parties
                Me, me, me...

Comment

There yee go cliphead

linky

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    There yee go cliphead

linky
                    Thanks, different incident but I remember it as it was close to where I live.

The Partick incident where two dogs and the owner were killed was big news at the time. I got the story from my mate who actually was first on the scene being a beat cop at the time.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X