• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Stupid???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Stupid???

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100317...t-6323e80.html

Got to love the last sentence...

"We would like to thank the passenger for his co-operation and understanding of the need to be vigilant in the current environment."
    What is the world coming to??

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    A tulipty ******* mess.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      God, I know. What a dull choice of songs to cover. I'd have thrown him off the train as well.

Comment

aye.

the wrong type of tracks on the tracks

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Welcome to the nanny state!

Isn't it lucky they do IQ tests for any position of authority? It seems if you have one you're not eligible for such a job
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The best(worst?) one ever had to be the bloke who got done for littering after dropping a £10 note

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The best(worst?) one ever had to be the bloke who got done for littering after dropping a £10 note
              Refuses to believe eyes ... goes to Google ... and bugger me, it's true!

Man fined for littering after accidentally dropping £10 note

A man who accidentally dropped a £10 note in an Ayr street was given a £50 fine for littering.

Stewart Smith says he was at first grateful when police pointed to his dropped tenner in Newmarket Street. And he thanked them for pointing it out to him.

But the 36-year-old, living on benefits, says that the cops then handed him the fixed-penalty fine. Mr Smith said: “I’m living on £98 a fortnight at the moment, so £50 is a week’s living expenses for me.”

The ticket gives him 14 days to pay up to South Ayrshire Council.
              Our taxes paid for that.

Daily Express link.
              Daily Mail link. (Please don't ban me, NAT.)
              Sun link. This has extras:
              But this story of litter-busting gone mad isn’t the first we’ve reported.

Heart patient Keith Hurst, 53, was locked up for 18 hours for allegedly dropping an apple core in Salford, Greater Manchester.

Ciara Barden, 19, claimed her eight-month-old daughter Chanelle was fined £150 after litter busters picked up a medicine bottle with her name on it in Limerick, Ireland.

Shocked Kerry McMahon, 32, of Blackley, Manchester, was hit with a £75 fine when his 18-month-old son Jamie threw chips to pigeons.
              Ayshire Post link.
              Last edited by RichardCranium; 21 March 2010, 11:53.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Last autumn a driver stationary in a traffic queue was done for blowing his nose. That was true as well.

Yesterday I saw a child hit by a car outside a football stadium after the game. There was no trouble. First on the scene long before the ambulance were six Old Bill in a van.

They've got their priorities arse about face.

Comment

Working...
                X