• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UDP packets logged in netgear ADSL router logfile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDP packets logged in netgear ADSL router logfile

Should I worry when I see things like this in my ADSL router logfile?

Sun, 2010-03-21 01:24:37 - UDP Packet - Source:137.99.150.162,19759 Destination:192.168.0.201,23017 - [DOS]

Suddenly my router log is flooded with these things - I upgraded the firmware about an hour ago perhaps there was a bug in the previous version where it didn't log these when it should have?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post

Sun, 2010-03-21 01:24:37 - UDP Packet - Source:137.99.150.162,19759 Destination:192.168.0.201,23017 - [DOS]

Suddenly my router log is flooded with these things - I upgraded the firmware about an hour ago perhaps there was a bug in the previous version where it didn't log these when it should have?
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it to be honest. I would be surprised if your router didn't get any of these types of traffic. But if you really want to lose sleep of it, you may want to contact the system owners of the below host and tell them that their systems are probing your private network, not that they would notice or anything.

d150h162.resnet.uconn.edu
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post

Not really, provided you've set your router security and access list to your network plus firewall and AV up, I wouldnt lose any sleep.

If you havent though....................
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
      X