• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New shopping trolley for girly, you decide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shopping trolley for girly, you decide

Girly wants a new shopping trolley. She complains that the available vehicles are either farm machinery or a bit too much in your face and either way a total bitch to park, attract too much unwanted attention, either too much luggage space so everything rolls around, or non that she can find, very hard to drive, always breaking down and expensive to fill up (where you have to be careful not to choose the pump nearest the shop door or you find yourself blocked in and have you tried reversing that thing around an obstacle?)

So, after much negotiation, I've made a short list.

You task, should you choose to accept it, is to vote on what your choice would be in a similar situation.
    Brand new, fully spec'ed, Citröen C3
    8.70%
    Hi spec, 2nd hand, 1-2 year old Citröen C4
    17.39%
    1957 Mercedes 190SL
    34.78%
    AndyW runs a taxi company, so just phone him when you need to woman.
    39.13%
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Girly wants a new shopping trolley. She complains that the available vehicles are either farm machinery or a bit too much in your face and either way a total bitch to park, attract too much unwanted attention, either too much luggage space so everything rolls around, or non that she can find, very hard to drive, always breaking down and expensive to fill up (where you have to be careful not to choose the pump nearest the shop door or you find yourself blocked in and have you tried reversing that thing around an obstacle?)

So, after much negotiation, I've made a short list.

You task, should you choose to accept it, is to vote on what your choice would be in a similar situation.
    Set her a budget and let her choose her own - simples!

Comment

Andyw option work for me.

Be outsourcing all your transporting doings.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Depends on how much shopping she carries, the ford KA is a great run around but has a small boot. The VW Polo is a better all-rounder with bigger boot space.

They are the only 2 I have had so thats all I can comment on
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

How about an Audi A1? Or a SMART?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            and either way a total bitch to park
            Doesn't matter what you choose that will always be a complaint
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Doesn't matter what you choose that will always be a complaint
              I really can't understand why people have such difficulty parking????
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I really can't understand why people have such difficulty parking????
                Quite. Get a Land Rover and make your own space
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Easy for girlie to drive, park anywhere, loads of room for shopping.

Hmm.

Sorted.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Quite. Get a Land Rover and make your own space
                    Why have one space when you can park badly in two?
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X