• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour's very own "Cash for Questions" row

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour's very own "Cash for Questions" row

Does this signal the last days of the (evil) empire?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7070350.ece
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

I am surprised how little is being made of this, it only made it on page 9 of the paper I read this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I am surprised how little is being made of this, it only made it on page 9 of the paper I read this morning.
      Does it really come as a surprise? I think we've all become totally desensitised to these kinds of revelations.

Comment

I do think it's worse than the expenses in that you can just hire an cabinet minister for a day to do your bidding. Of course the story might build, but I thought it loooked really bad for those involved and I was honestly surprised how little press it got.

Comment

Hopefully, DC will lay into Broon on Wednesday.

How much does access to the cabinet cost a lobbyist?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This would never ........oh hang on

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Hopefully, DC will lay into Broon on Wednesday.
              I you dreams. CootMoron will rabbit on about litter on busses or ask if the snot goblin had seen any pictures of his wife. He is doing his best to avoid winning the election.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I you dreams.

*quickly scuttles away*

Comment

Well, I do hope the HMRC lurkers here make a note to investigate the tax affairs of these folks. If you're doing the work in England, then it doesn't matter if you're getting paid off shore, you still have to declare and pay tax in the UK.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Cash for influence

There are a few other names involved but looking at the main culprits:

Byers - Damaged Goods
                    Hoon/Hewitt - Recently involved in a very embarressing coup which came to nothing

Maybe Labour can stick the knife in and get rid of them, and then claim decisiveness on sleaze in the runup to the election.
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X