• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football

I saw some ‘high’lights of two big northern football companies, ‘ManU’ and ‘Liverpoo’ yesterday. There was much drama, indeed considerable thespian skills were displayed all round. One young blonde fellow playing for ’Liverpoo’ enjoyed vandalizing the pitch, kicking the penalty spot away and remonstrating with opponents and the referee as if he’d just been told he was going to be in detention and must write 500 lines. At another moment, the shortest fellow on the pitch, a Korean gentleman playing for ‘ManU’, leapt into the air and headed the ball toward the goal. A guy who looks like a potato kicked the ball at great force straight at the ‘Liverpoo’ goalkeeper, who stopped it with a dramatic dive, but then potatoman kicked it into the net. This to the anger of the ‘Liverpoo’ players who proceeded to vent their frustration at the ref, who didn’t really seem to take much notice of anyone’s antics, but seemed to be playing the role of umpire in an American Wrestling production, sort of wearing the uniform and shouting at people but actually just there as a decorative ornament. Eventually the ‘ManU’ beat the ‘Liverpoo’ and the manager of the ‘ManU’ remonstrated with the manager of the ‘Liverpoo’.

Is it all just a fix?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is it all just a fix?
    TBH I lost interest at the word "football"
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

your not just upset cos the six nations is over are you my overgrown tester chap?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        your not just upset cos the six nations is over are you my overgrown tester chap?
        Bloody glad it’s over. No more humiliation for a while.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

as an english man i could not agree more!

well done the frenchies

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I saw some ‘high’lights of two big northern football companies, ‘ManU’ and ‘Liverpoo’ yesterday. There was much drama, indeed considerable thespian skills were displayed all round. One young blonde fellow playing for ’Liverpoo’ enjoyed vandalizing the pitch, kicking the penalty spot away and remonstrating with opponents and the referee as if he’d just been told he was going to be in detention and must write 500 lines. At another moment, the shortest fellow on the pitch, a Korean gentleman playing for ‘ManU’, leapt into the air and headed the ball toward the goal. A guy who looks like a potato kicked the ball at great force straight at the ‘Liverpoo’ goalkeeper, who stopped it with a dramatic dive, but then potatoman kicked it into the net. This to the anger of the ‘Liverpoo’ players who proceeded to vent their frustration at the ref, who didn’t really seem to take much notice of anyone’s antics, but seemed to be playing the role of umpire in an American Wrestling production, sort of wearing the uniform and shouting at people but actually just there as a decorative ornament. Eventually the ‘ManU’ beat the ‘Liverpoo’ and the manager of the ‘ManU’ remonstrated with the manager of the ‘Liverpoo’.

Is it all just a fix?
            Yes, course it was. The foul was outside the box so wasnt a penalty but the ref wanted to maintain his penalty award ratio to united, 6 in his last 8 games now.

Impressive. If it had been a horse race, there would have been a steward's inquiry.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

yes it was a bit of an OT penalty

however you could argue that a red card and not a yellow should have been shown as he was (by a few inches) the last man.

swings n roundabouts anyway...

Comment

yes it was a bit of an OT penalty

however you could argue that a red card and not a yellow should have been shown as he was (by a few inches) the last man.

swings n roundabouts anyway...

Its only a red card if its a clear goal scoring opportunity or he was the last man. Neither was the case.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

as an english man i could not agree more!

well done the frenchies
                  WHS - my favourite game was France v Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Its only a red card if its a clear goal scoring opportunity or he was the last man. Neither was the case.
                    He was briefly the last man ( by a few inches)

also it was a clear goal scoring opportunity (even I would have bagged it from that angle/distance as a right footer!)

but as I say what comes around goes around.....

Comment

Working...
                    X