• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

per annum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

per annum

I'm starting to see more and more fixed term contracts being advertised with a permie salary
    e.g. rate = £35,000 to £45,000 per annum.

not fracking good!
    Coffee's for closers

really does my tits in when these show up in my feeds which are for contracts - I don't want those ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I'm starting to see more and more fixed term contracts being advertised with a permie salary
      e.g. rate = £35,000 to £45,000 per annum.

not fracking good!
      People must be taking them. Got one this morning asking for an "experienced" SQL Server Developer with Datawarehousing experience £26K a year!!

Comment

Yep. Loads of them about. Best are the ones in Newport SW. £150 a day or 30k a year. Laughable.

Just seen one on jobswerve saying 'client wont wait 4 weeks.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Yep. Loads of them about. Best are the ones in Newport SW. £150 a day or 30k a year. Laughable.

Just seen one on jobswerve saying 'client wont wait 4 weeks.
          An Indian will do it for that.

Comment

It's Desperado City.

There was a guy on London Bridge this morning giving his CV out. He had a big sign that said:

'HELP ME. I WANT TO WORK.'
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              It's Desperado City.

There was a guy on London Bridge this morning giving his CV out. He had a big sign that said:

'HELP ME. I WANT TO WORK.'
              Was it Menelaus? Was he wearing his medals and wedding rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Was it Menelaus? Was he wearing his medals and wedding rings?
                that was the guy leaflet bombing his CV across the city from his tornedo
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  People must be taking them. Got one this morning asking for an "experienced" SQL Server Developer with Datawarehousing experience £26K a year!!
                  Not convinced about that - as a recent agent call testifies -

Pimp - "we've been brought in by client to fill a role their current PSL can't fill - looking for PM with years of experience, blah, PRINCE2, blah, can hit ground running, blah, tough project, blah - could pay up to £40K fixed term" The job has been on jobswerve for weeks.

Can't get an experienced person for a carp rate? - no tulip sherlock. I had to bite my tongue...

Only the desperate would take this role and I bet they would jump ship as soon as something better came along.

Even if they forgot about the fixed term bit and just offered a low rate - most Ltd Co contractors would prefer that as they could at least claim expenses, profit from the FRS and save on PAYE and NI through dividends. A fixed term contract is the worst possible option.

Al.
                  Back at the coal face

Comment

In Newport is it the patent office then? Nowt else there since the steelworks closed.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X