• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you still run for a bus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you still run for a bus?

On 26th April Glen Reeve will be running continuously for 26 miles; just think about running 26 miles ! For most of us the thought of running for a bus is exhausting. I am so impressed by his committment and dedication (in training this weekend he ran 20 miles in 3 hours 12 mins) that I have said that ContractorUmbrella will match every penny that we receive from contractors in sponsorship. So, if you want to bankrupt me, now's your chance

So why is Glen doing this? And more to the point why is he doing it when he’s over 50 years old (sorry Glen). This is why:

In February 1987 Paul O’Gorman died of Leukaemia; he was just 14 years old. Within the same year his sister Jean was also killed by Cancer, a devastating blow to the O’Gorman family. Despite these tragedies Paul and Jean’s parents began fundraising so that they could help other children with Leukaemia and also fulfill a promise that they had made to Paul before he died. Paul continues to inspire the work of CHILDREN with LEUKAEMIA. What started as a small memorial charity is now the UK ’s leading charity dedicated to the conquest of childhood leukaemia through pioneering research, new treatments and the support of leukaemic children and their families. The incredible scientific advances made have ensured that 4 out of 5 children now survive Leukaemia but, alarmingly, incidence of Leukaemia have been rising steadily for the last 50 years.

This is a great cause, so if you would like to contribute online here's the linky https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/glenreeve
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Bump

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Done, good luck to him. That's an amazing thing to do.

My Dad ran his first marathon at 51 which was incredible.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Done, good luck to him. That's an amazing thing to do.

My Dad ran his first marathon at 51 which was incredible.
        You're a star - thanks MaryPoppins

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
        X