• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to rent a car at Heathrow, which hire company to use ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to rent a car at Heathrow, which hire company to use ?

Afternoon All,

apologies for being away last week, it was the annual Benes family Skiing holiday.

Whoooaaaghhhh we're coming to Blighty in April and need to rent a family sized saloon at Heathrow.

Which is the best, this means, cheapest, hire car company to use ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Sixt have passats . Don't know about the prices though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I use Avis every week. Use this code to get the best deal they are doing that day. K109590
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

thanks Netraider,

just had a look

feck's sake, Avis are asking for a passat....

Pay Now price £277.50
        Pay Later price £383.24

+ £32 / child seat / day

Thrifty are asking £145 for a passat for the same period !

we'll bring our own child seats.

Looks like Thrifty is the one

Milan.

Comment

have a look for a screenscraper / money supermarket type place - there will be a few mentioned on moneysavingexpert.com.

That's what I do - and it's often cheaper to arrange an annual hire car insurance policy than taking their standard insurance for a week or so (particularly in the States).
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            thanks Netraider,

just had a look

flip's sake, Avis are asking for a passat....

Pay Now price £277.50
            Pay Later price £383.24

+ £32 / child seat / day

Thrifty are asking £145 for a passat for the same period !

we'll bring our own child seats.

Looks like Thrifty is the one

Milan.
            Sorry about that. I normally hire from non London airports, and they are normally quite competetive.
            SUFTUM

Comment

and it's often cheaper to arrange an annual hire car insurance policy than taking their standard insurance for a week or so (particularly in the States).
              WHS - I have an annual car insurance policy - £49
              SUFTUM

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                have a look for a screenscraper / money supermarket type place - there will be a few mentioned on moneysavingexpert.com.

That's what I do - and it's often cheaper to arrange an annual hire car insurance policy than taking their standard insurance for a week or so (particularly in the States).
                I've used http://www.fastcarhire.co.uk/ and http://www.carhire3000.com/ to compare prices and book in the past.
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post

Cheaper still if your credit card covers collision damage waiver, which even ordinary cards from some countries do, and gold cards from most countries do. Not cards from Britain, of course. They don't call it Treasure Island for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Cheaper still if your credit card covers collision damage waiver, which even ordinary cards from some countries do, and gold cards from most countries do. Not cards from Britain, of course. They don't call it Treasure Island for nothing.
                    My Amex does that. Saves a goodly fortune every time.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X